Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nervous...

So, I have been having trouble falling asleep the past week or so. I have been having that nervous feeling that you get in your stomach, and my mind has been running at 10000 mph non stop for the past few months. There is a lot on my plate right now.

And over the past few days that nervous feeling has been occurring frequently throughout my day. It's been really weird...not enjoyable.

And I was sitting at work tonight, just thinking about why I was feeling like this, and it hit me.

I am really nervous about being gone all summer. I truly am so excited about this internship, and I can't wait for the experience, and I'm excited about getting away for a while, but there are a few relationships that it will be really hard to do without for a summer, and all of this is just making me really nervous.

I don't want to go away and come back and these friendships that are based on spending time with one another be broken or not where they were because that connection is lost. And these are the relationships that help me to survive through all of the tough times and trials.

I think that God is a very funny character. He takes us so far away from what we are comfortable with to make us stronger. I truly think that is what God is doing to me through this internship. I have become comfortable with where I am at and with my friends, and God is ready to stir that up.

So, I will go...because that is what I am called to do.

Yes, I will have friends and family visit, and yes it isn't that long, but I think it will be long enough to get me uncomfortable again...and I'm excited about it.

Here goes nothing....




Stories about God's humor....


alex h.

No comments: